I made this last year, but have updated the recipe to make it paleo and use the slow cooker. This way you can prepare the night before, cook while you are working, and then have dinner ready within 10 minutes when you get home. I highly recommend finding a good immersion blender, so much faster than using my magic bullet, where I could only use one cup at a time! ENJOY!
Crab and Butternut Squash Bisque
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted in coconut oil
- 1 butternut squash, diced (skin removed)
- 1 small sweet potato (skin removed)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 large container chicken stock
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 16 oz fresh crab claw meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
Remove outside of garlic, coat with coconut oil, and bake in aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes in oven at 350 degrees. While the garlic is cooking, dice up vegetables into one inch cubes, peeling carrots and squash. Pour chicken broth in slow cooker and fill with veggies, Cook on low heat for 8 hours. Once cooked, puree the vegetables using a blender or immersion blender. Add milk and continue to puree until you find the consistency you desire. Stir in crab meat and season to your liking. Let cook additional 30 minutes to mix flavors and warm crab.