I was originally just going to make these banana coconut and as I was mixing them up, I had a container of cake batter protein sitting in front of me and it crossed my mind, heck why not throw 2 scoops in the batter. I’m sure glad I did! PS…even though not strict paleo, muscle milk’s cake batter protein is absolutely amazing after a hard workout or when baking!
- 2 cups almond flour (I made my own this time!!!)
- 1 cup shredded, natural coconut
- 2 scoops cake batter protein (can be omitted but then you can only call them banana coconut muffins!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla (natural please)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
Mix all dry ingredients together and in a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Once each is well mixed, mix together thoroughly. Fill batter in lined muffin tins. Should be enough batter for 12 regular sized muffin cups, although some of mine were a little overflowing. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes (I forgot what time I put them in, but I took them out when slightly browned on top and middle set). I promise I’m working on getting better at writing down things while I’m making them. I feel like I’m forgetting something too, so as soon as I remake them, I’ll update this if it’s wrong!